The Ambassador of Norway to the United States, His Excellency,
Knut Vollebæk came
to Mankato on
September 12-13, 2003
during his visit
- Reception at Bethany
Lutheran College Friday September 12, 2003.
- Norwegian Heritage
and Cultural Fair in the Centennial Student Union at MSU on Saturday
September 13, 2003
Ambassador was the keynote speaker at a banquet, 6:30 p.m. on Saturday,
September 13, 2003 in the Centennial Student Union ballroom.
- Joined the Norwegian Foreign Service 1973.
Served at Norwegian Embassies in India, Spain and Zimbabwe. Norway's
Ambassador to the Central American States with residence in Costa Rica,
- Director of UN Affairs, Ministry of Foreign
Affairs, 1986-1989, Director General, Department of Bilateral Cooperation,
1993-1994 and Assistant Secretary General (Development), 1994-1997
- Norwegian Delegate to the UN General Assemblies
1982-1983 and 1986-1988
- Norwegian Delegate to ILO
- Member of the Borad of Norway's UNESCO
- Deputy Co-Chairman of the UN in the International
Conference on Former Yugoslavia (UN/EU), 1993
- Rapporteur to the Anti-Apartheid Committee
of ILO, Geneva, 1988 and 1989
- Organizer of the SARRED Conference (Southern
African Refugees, Returnees and Displaced Persons Conference) 1988
- Governor, Inter-American Development Bank,
Asian Development Bank and African Development Bank 1994-1997
- Norway's Representative to the International
Conference on Central American Refugees (CIREFCA), 1991-1993
- M.Sc. in Economics from the Norwegian
School of Economics and Business Administration, Bergan, 1972
Studies in Political Science at the University
of Oslo, 1966-1967 and postgraduate studies at the University of California,
Santa Barbara, 1972-1973
- Studies in French language and culture
at I'Institut Catholique de Paris, 1965-1966
- Studies in Spanish language and culture
at Universidad Complutense, Madrid, 1969
The videos from the Ambassador's visit are for sale for $15.00 each, or three for $35.00. Add $3.00 for mailing one video.
The contents of the videos are as follows:
Video #1 Reception hosted by Bethany Lutheran College, music by Adrian Lo and the Riverbend Consort. Ambassadors speech at the reception and also at a class at BLC that same day.
Video #2 Banquet at MSU with Part One of Lin-Hans-Rud dancers 2003 program and the ambassadors speech.
Video #3 Booth interviews at the Sons of Norway Heritage and Cultural Fair and Part Two of the Lin-Hans-Rud dancers program at the banquet.
Please send your order (along with your check made to Sons of Norway) to
Sons of Norway,
PO Box 1091,
Mankato, MN 56002.